This is a Constraint - not a Kata!
Constraints can be applied to any given Kata to focus on specific techniques and / or practices. They are meant as an extreme perspective so you can clearly feel the difference to what you do usually.
Inspired by Adrian Bolboaca
- Setup a git repository (or use another SCM that supports resets)
- Setup a timer for 2 minutes interval when you start
- Write exactly one test
- If the timer rings and the test is red then revert and start over
- If you finish your test earlier: no problem, reset the timer and continue
- Restart timer
- Go to 3.
- Most pairs need to reset at least once
- It is absolutely OK to spend iterations to do only refactorings
- Feel free to discuss whatever is needed in between cycles
- The most important part is to have green tests. Your code base must never be red for more than two minutes